STRING TAGS – Avery White Marking Tags Strung (size 1.75 x 1.093 inches) are required on each item to affix our barcode labels to. You can find these at Wal-Mart, office supply stores, Rhea Lana Store (link) or large quantities may be purchased from Amazon.
You’ll also need re-sealable bags (for shoes, small toys, etc…), masking tape, scotch tape, sharpie, and safety pins. For large quantities of quality safety pins we recommend ordering from Cleaners Supply .
If you would like to print your barcodes at home you’ll need adhesive address labels size 1” X 2 5/8” (30 up). We recommend ordering from Amazon Here. Please note: all labels printed at home MUST be printed in color.
CLOTHING PREPARATION - The better they look, the better they sell!
1) Check for stains, broken zippers, torn hemlines, missing buttons, etc.
We will be double checking at the store and will not receive any item that is not in excellent condition.
2) Wash clothing and iron (if necessary).
3) USE PLASTIC HANGERS ONLY!
Please, no wire hangers; we will kindly ask you to switch to plastic hangers if items are brought to Drop-Off on wire hangers! This makes shopping more pleasant for everyone. Clothes tend to fall off wire hangers and may be overlooked and not purchased if on the floor.
Note: Use children's plastic hangers for sizes 10 and below. Use larger plastic hangers for sizes 12 and above. You may also use wire COATED hangers as long as they are 'size appropriate'. Plastic hangers can be purchased at discount stores like Walmart, Target and dollar stores. Some retail clothing stores will gladly give you plastic hangers upon your request!
***When hanging your clothing items, make sure the hanger is facing to the left so it looks like a question mark - ?***
4) Group items together so that they will equal a value of at least $3.00.
Infant sleeping gowns or onesies and children's pajamas are great to group together as a set of 2 or 3. They may be pinned together on one hanger.
5) Use larger safety pins to attach all pants to a hanger, ironed flat front.
Pants that are folded over on a hanger tend to end up on the floor.
6) All sets and accessories need to be pinned securely together, with pants hung on the back of the shirt; pin the waist of the pants to the shoulders of the shirt. Both pieces need to be seen without unpinning them. If a shirt/pant set are on separate hangers, rubber band the hangers together.
7) When you are preparing and sorting your clothing items, sort them by gender and size. This will make your online entry process more organized AND will help streamline Consignor Drop Off.
8) When tagging your clothing items, the string tag needs to be pinned on the LEFT shoulder (or right side when looking at the garment). You can loop the string tag through a belt loop on pants, jeans or shorts in order to save a safety pin!
Please only bring your like-new shoes! No heavy winter boots for the spring/summer event. No flip flops for the fall/winter event.
1) Write your consignor number and price on masking tape, placing on bottom of both shoes.
2) Safety pin the price tag to a shoe lace or through the shoe eyelet.
3) Place both shoes (with attached price tag) inside a Ziploc bag or zip tie them together.
We also have helpful "how to" videos on our Facebook page.
We are no longer accepting crib bumpers. It is best to package a bedding set together in its original clear plastic bag with zipper. If you no longer have the original bag, you can purchase Extra Large Ziploc plastic bags at discount stores. Seal the bag with clear packing tape and pin the string tag to the bag. It also helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the tag comes off during the sale. Shoppers also like to see a picture of the set (if one is available) or a list of all the items included in the set. Tape these items inside the Ziploc bag.
Hang and pin blankets over hangers so that shoppers can see them. If they are small receiving blankets, group 2 or 3 together in a Ziploc bag and seal with clear plastic tape. Safety pin the tag to the Ziploc bag. It helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the string tag comes off during the sale.
Bottles, bibs, rattles, socks, bows, etc group together appropriately in Ziploc bags. Seal with clear packing tape. Pin tag to Ziploc bag. It helps to write your consignor number and price on the Ziploc bag with a Sharpie in the case that the string tag comes off during the sale.
We will only accept Beanie Baby, Disney or other name brand stuffed animals in like new condition.
Large Little Tikes Toys and Furniture are in high demand! When tagging large toys it is best to also attach a piece of masking tape to the toy with your consignor information. This will enable us to sell your toy even if the tag comes off! We sell 95% of Toys, Furniture and Baby Equipment!
Toy recall information- Due to the high number of toy recalls during the past year, we will be inspecting toys very carefully. We reserve the right to pull any toy that we think might have been recalled. To help us, please do not bring any toys that have been subject to a recall. You may check the following website for current toy recalls: www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/toy.html. Also for a helpful resource made available by the Consumer Product Safety Commission Click here.
Your car seat must have been manufactured within the past five years. You must be the original owner. It must not be subject to recall or have been in an accident. You may check the following website for current recalls:
We will be happy to accept baby and children's furniture such as,changing tables, children's beds, dressers rocking chairs, playroom furniture and more! Please remember that we no longer accept any drop-side cribs and cribs manufactured before June 2011 due to the latest recall and regulations by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. No TV's, electronics, room accessories not from your child's room, or nick-knacks please!
If you have any questions well be happy to help! Contact Jillian Siedell at email@example.com.